Discover the beauties of Argolis and Peloponnese
starting from Ignatia Hotel!
Just 4 km from the bustling center of Nafplion, Ignatia Hotel overlooking the Argolic Gulf proposes a serene setting and welcomes you in a refined environment where you will instantly feel real intimacy and authentic hospitality inspired by our Asia Minor background.
More specific, Ignatia Hotel is located:
• 40 min. from the ancient theatre of Epidavros •
• 20 min. ancient Mycenae (23 km) •
• 5 min. from ancient Tiryns (6 km) •
• 5 min. from the fortresses of Nafplion: Palamidi, Acronafplia and Bourtzi (6 km) •
• 5 min. from the ancient theatre of Argos (6 km) •
• 15 min. from the Pyramid of Hellinikon (10 km) •
• 90 min. from Porto Cheli (140 km) •
• 40 min. from Nemea (40 km) •
• 50 min. from Acrocorinth & the Corinth Canal (50 km) •
• 90 min. from the fortified town of Mystras in Laconia (115 km) •
• 3 hours from the castle of Monemvasia (200 km) •
• 90 min. from Kalamata airport (140 km) •
• 2 hours & 30 min. from Patras port (180 km) •
• 2 hours from Athens airport “El. Venizelos” (170 km) •
• 1 hour & 50 min. from Piraeus port •
How to get to Ignatia hotel
From “Eleftherios Venizelos” airport & Piraeus port:
If you are arriving to Athens by plane or ship and you don’t have your own vehicle, the most covenient way to reach Nafplion is by rental car or intercity bus.
Athens / Piraeus to Nafplion by car:
The distance from Athens to Nafplion is 137 km and it is about a 2-hour drive, depending on traffic and vehicle speed. Follow the Athens-Corinth highway, pass Corinth and follow the signs taking you to the Corinth-Tripolis highway (Exit to Argos & Nafplio). Head to Argos and from there follow the signs to Nea Kios.
Athens / Piraeus to Nafplion by bus:
Buses to Argos and Nafplion depart from the Intercity Bus Station in Kifissos, Athens every hour, and the trip takes about 2 hours.
“El. Venizelos” airport to Nafplion by suburban railway:
The suburban railway departs from the airport to Corinth, which is the terminal station. From the terminal station get a taxi (5 min. drive) to the Corinth Canal intercity bus station where you can catch the bus to Argos-Nafplion.
From Patras to Nafplion:
Patras is 183 km away from Nafplion. Follow the Patras-Athens highway and look for the signs leading to the Corinth-Tripolis highway and then to Argos and Nea Kios.